Sunday 26 February 2012

SizeSmall Brief

As Part of my Work Based Learning, for my Foundation Degree Fashion, I have been assigned a live project to design a collection for a childrenswear company, called SizeSmall.
The final designs will be entered into SizeSmall's competition, in which they will be made up as selling samples and will be presented alongside the rest of the collection designed by SizeSmall. The winner will be credited for their designs.

In order for me to design an innovative, yet commercial childrenswear collection, to fit the companies requirements, style and SizeSmall feel, I must carryout research into:

  • Market Research
  • Brand Research 
  • Health and Safety regulations
  • What children are wearing now
I am to design both boys and girls clothing with 2-3 variations of 1 boys outfit design and 1 girls outfit design. I am to make a colour story for my designs and a boys and girls moodboard.
I must consider fabrics- what is practical and suitable for the market level I have designed for e.g. price of fabric, finishes and pricing the garments.

This blog will document my progression, covering everything from my research to final designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment